Dental Power Supplies
At Artesyn Embedded Power, our engineers have been designing and developing power supply products for the dental market for over 35 years. Our products have helped pave the way for advancements in a wide variety of dental applications, including infusion pump controls, x-ray machines, gamma imaging systems and MRI scanners.
Our healthcare power supply range
Given that designing modern high-efficiency AC-DC power supplies is a craft in itself, and that dental equipment has to undergo strict compliance testing, most designers nowadays elect to use standard commercially available medical power supplies, or seek the help of a specialist power supply company to create a customized unit. Using power supplies that are already pre-approved to the EN60601-1 safety standard helps dental equipment manufacturers speed compliance testing of their own products, and minimizes the risk of them encountering unexpected development problems outside their own area of expertise, which might negatively impact launch targets.
Dental Applications That We Power
Artesyn provides a complete suite of power conversion solutions to meet the needs of dental applications.
- Infusion pump controls
- Gamma imaging systems
- CAD/CAM systems
- Oral care equipment
- Digital radiography
- X-ray machines
Why Artesyn Embedded Power?
Worldwide, there are several dental power supply manufacturers to choose from, many of which produce good products. One of the leading companies is Artesyn Embedded Power, which is responsible for the well-known Astec and Artesyn brands. Together, these two product brands encompass literally thousands of AC-DC power supplies and DC-DC converters. Artesyn offers a large variety of standard, modified and custom ac-dc power supplies covering a 3 to 24,000 watt power band, together with an extensive range of dc-dc converters covering a 6 to 800 watt power band, to many of the world's most prestigious manufacturers of dental equipment.
- Low to high power models from 250 watts to 24,000 watts
- Many digitally-controlled PMBus compatible models
- Extensive safety approvals for diverse applications
Open frame, Low Power
- Low to medium power models from 25 watts to 650 watts
- High efficiency switch-mode technology
- Single or multiple isolated outputs with Medical and ITE approvals
Medical DCDC converters
- 6W to 10W power ratings
- Input voltage specification to cover 12V, 24V and 48V input
- Single or Dual output voltage versions available
- Power adapters with ratings from 3 watts to 100 watts
- Wide-range AC inputs & comprehensive overload protection
- Available with a 2- or 3-pin AC input receptacle