Medical Imaging Power Supplies
At Artesyn Embedded Technologies, our engineers have been designing and developing power supply products for use in medical imaging systems for over 35 years. Our products have helped pave the way for advancements in a wide variety of imaging applications, including ultrasound and X-ray machines, and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) systems.
Most medical imaging designers nowadays elect to use standard commercially available medical power supplies, or seek the help of a specialist power supply company to create a customized unit. Using power supplies that are already pre-approved to the EN60601-1 safety standard help medical imaging system manufacturers speed compliance testing of their own products, and minimize the risk of them encountering unexpected development problems outside their own area of expertise, which might negatively impact launch targets.
Medical Imaging Applications That We Power
Artesyn provides a complete suite of power conversion solutions to meet the needs of medical imaging applications.
- Ultrasound scanners
- Computed tomography (CTI) scanners
- Position emission tomography (PET) systems
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems
- Nuclear medicine equipment
- X-ray machines
- Gamma cameras
Why Artesyn Embedded Technologies?
Worldwide, there are several medical imaging power supply manufacturers to choose from, many of which produce good products. One of the leading companies is Artesyn Embedded Technologies, which is responsible for the well-known Astec and Artesyn brands. Together, these two product brands encompass literally thousands of ac-dc power supplies and dc-dc converters. Artesyn offers a large variety of standard, modified and custom AC-DC power supplies covering a 3 to 24,000 watt power band, together with an extensive range of DC-DC converters covering a 6 to 800 watt power band, to many of the world's most prestigious manufacturers of medical imaging equipment.
- Output ratings up to 24,000 watts
- Many digitally-controlled PMBus compatible models
- Medical versions available with extensive built-in intelligence
- Low to medium power models from 25 watts to 650 watts
- High efficiency switch-mode technology
- Single or multiple isolated outputs with Medical and ITE approvals