AYA 3 Watt Isolated DC-DC Converter Series Industrial DC-DC
Artesyn’s AYA series of 3 watt isolated DC-DC converters are suitable for a diverse range of low power applications, including data communication, telecommunication and computer peripheral equipment, industrial automation and mobile battery-powered systems. The series comprises 28 variants, each of which is available in a mini dual-in-line package for through-hole mounting or a mini surface-mount package.
All AYA series 3 watt converters feature wide input voltage; 7 of the models have 4.5 - 10 V input, 7 have 9–18 V inputs, 7 have 18–36 V inputs, 7 have 36-75 V inputs.
Within each of these categories, there is a choice of four single output models, offering voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V and 15 V, and three dual output models offering +5/-5 V, +12/-12 V or +15/-15 V.
Fully encapsulated in an ultra compact 0.55 x 0.55 inch (14 x 14 mm) plastic case, the converters have a height of just 0.32 inch (8 mm). The surface-mount versions accommodate an ambient operating temperature range of -40 to 80˚C, while the through-hole versions can handle temperatures from -40 to 85˚C, both with suitable derating. Offering up to 80% conversion efficiency, the converters use 100 kHz fixed frequency switching to minimize the need for external EMI filtering and comply with the EN 55022 class A and FCC level A standards for conducted noise.
AYA series converters with output voltages of 5 V or higher are rated at 3 watts power output; the four 3.3 V models are rated at 2 watts. Standard features include 1,500 Vdc input/output isolation, remote On/Off and continuous (hiccup mode) protection against output short circuit.
AYA 3 Watt Isolated DC-DC Converter Datasheet(s)
- Total Max Power: 3 W
- Total Max Current: 0.6 A
- Input Voltage: 4.5 V to 75 V
- Output Voltage: -15 V to 15 V
- Outputs: Single, Dual
- Size (L x W x H): 0.550" x 0.550" x 0.310"
- Warranty: 3 years
- Operating Temperature: -20˚C to +85˚C
- Input voltage range: 4.5V to 10V
- Input voltage range: 9V to 18V
- Input voltage range: 18V to 36V
- Input voltage range: 36V to 75V
- Output voltage: Single and Dual O/P versions
- Output voltage (Single): 3v3, 5v, 12v, 15v
- Output voltage (Dual): +/-5V, +/-12V, +/-15V
- Isolation voltage: 1500Vdc
- Mechanical: Fully potted
- Terminal: Through Hole
- Ultra compact DIP package
- 14 x 14 x 8.0 mm (0.55 x 0.55 x 0.31 inches)
- Efficiency up to 87%
- I/O-isolation 1500 Vdc
- Wide 2:1 input range
- Single and dual output
- Operating temperature range -40 to +85 (for DIP module)
- 3-year product warranty