AVE450D Series 450 Watt Isolated DC-DC Converters for RF Applications
The AVE450D series isolated DC-DC converter is a dual output model designed specifically for RF power amplifiers in small-cell, low power and remote radio head (RRH) telecommunications applications. It provides a 28 Vdc output that can deliver up to 12 amps and a 5.5 Vdc output with a 20 amp capability.
The converter accepts a wide range input of 36 to 75 Vdc. Rated at 450 watts, it can operate over an ambient temperature range of -40 to 85˚C, continuing to deliver full power up to a baseplate temperature of 100˚C. The 28 V output can be trimmed from 14 to 33 Vdc, while the 5.5 V output offers a 4.5 to 12Vdc trim range, to meet a broad range of application needs. The converter has no minimum load requirement, uses fixed-frequency switching and meets the conducted emissions requirements of FCC Class B and EN55022 Class B with an external filter.
Based on a high power density design that incorporates a thermal baseplate, AVE450D series converters have an industry standard half-brick footprint and pin-out, with an installed height of just 0.5 inch (12.7 mm). They have a thermally optimized layout that is suitable for either conduction or forced air cooling and depending on the model, offer full load conversion efficiencies of up to 92%. Standard features include input undervoltage lockout, remote On/Off and differential remote sense, as well as comprehensive protection against overtemperature and output overcurrent or overvoltage conditions.
- Total Max Power: 450 W
- Total Max Current: 16 A
- Input Voltage: 36 V to 75 V
- Output Voltage: 4.5 V to 33 V
- Outputs: Dual
- Size (L x W x H): 2.300" x 2.400" x 0.500"
- Warranty: 2 years
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Delivering up to 16A output current for 28V or 12A for 28V and 20A for 5.5V
- Ultra-high efficiency 92% typ. with both full load
- Wide input range: 36V ~ 75V
- Excellent thermal performance
- No minimum load requirement
- Fixed frequency operation
- RoHS 6 compliant
- Remote control function (negative or positive logic optional)
- Remote output sense
- Trim function: 14V ~ 33V for 28V output and 4.5V~12V for 5.5V output
- Input under voltage lockout
- Output over current protection
- Output over voltage protection
- Over temperature protection
- Power good for 28V output