2500 Watt Front End AC-DC Power Supplies
The DS2500PE series bulk front end AC-DC power supply accepts a 180–264 Vac input and provides a main 12 V output plus a 3.3 V standby output. Rated at 2,500 watts, it is an 80 Plus Platinum power supply with a peak conversion efficiency of 94%. Housed in a 1U high rack-mounting enclosure, the DS2500PE has a high power density of 23.3 watts per cubic inch.
The main 12 V output can deliver up to 208 amps and stays within regulation down to zero load, making it perfect for feeding downstream DC-DC converters in systems that use distributed power architectures (DPA). Active current sharing enables multiple supplies to be paralleled for very high current applications without need of additional components. The DS2500PE power supply is hot pluggable and ideal for fault tolerant, N+1 and N+N redundant applications.
This digitally-controlled power supply is PMBus™ compliant. A built-in I2C serial interface allows set-up, monitoring and control to be performed using Artesyn Embedded Technologies' universal PMBus graphical user interface.
Universal PMBus GUI Software Package
Total Max Power:
Total Max Current:
180 V to 264 V
Size (L x W x H):
11.560" x 5.470" x 1.689"
+10°C to +50°C
- Output Ripple (3.3V): 50 mVp-p
- Output Ripple (12V): 120 mVp-p
- Load Sharing: Active load sharing within 10% at full load
- Protection: OVP, OCP, Short Circuit, OTP
- Output Power: 12V/208A and 3.3VSB/2.7A, 2500W continuous
- Power Factor: 0.97, typical
- Hold-up Time: 12ms
- Efficiency: 94% peak
- Input Frequency: 47 - 63 Hz
- Power Good: Active High
- Input Range: 180-264Vac
- Remote On/Off: Active Low
- 5.0V/3.3V dual outputs
- Enable (on/off)
- Output loadsharing
- Industry standard pin-out
- Trim feature, both rails
- 100°C Baseplate temperature
- Unencapsulated 2.3" x 2.4" x 0.50" pkg.
- 48VDC Input
- Thermal protection