AVD85 Series 85 Watt Sixteenth-Brick Isolated DC-DC Converters
The AVD85 series of sixteenth-brick isolated DC-DC converters comprises three single output models offering fully regulated voltages of 3.3 V, 5.0 V or 12 V, rated at 25 amps, 17 amps and 7 amps respectively. All three converters have a wide 2:1 input range of 36 to 75 Vdc and are designed primarily for use with standard 48 V telecommunications equipment supplies. Rated at 85 watts, they employ an open-frame construction, offer up to 91% full load efficiency and accommodate an ambient operating temperature range of -40 to 85˚C. A baseplate option is available for enhanced thermal performance. The converters use 250 kHz fixed frequency switching to minimize the need for external EMI filtering.
Standard features include output trim, remote enable, undervoltage lockout and differential remote sense. The converters are comprehensively protected against overvoltage, overcurrent and overtemperature conditions. AVD85 series converters have an installed height of just 0.4 inch (10.5 mm), making them ideal for systems with demanding inter-board spacing requirements.
AVD85 Series Data Sheet
0.5MB , PDF
- Total Max Power: 85 W
- Total Max Current: 25 A
- Input Voltage: 36 V to 75 V
- Output Voltage: 3.3 V to 12 V
- Outputs: Single
- Size (L x W x H): 1.299" x 0.900" x 0.300"
- Warranty: 2 years
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- 2:1 Wide input range
- Optimised for High density, small space applications
- Low ripple and noise
- Fixed switching frequency
- High efficiency
- High capacitive load capability
- Pre-bias start-up capability
- Basic insulation system
- Through hole or SMT termination
- Openframe structure with Baseplate option