ATCR250 Series 250 Watt Half-Brick Isolated DC-DC Converters
The ATCR250 series is an integrated 250 watt ATCA® power entry module and DC-DC bus converter. It has a wide 2:1 input voltage range of 36 to 72 Vdc that accommodates standard 48 V telecommunications equipment supplies, and features dual inputs that accept -48 V and B feeds.
This converter provides two regulated low noise DC outputs. The primary 12 Vdc output can deliver up to 20.83 amps to supply an intermediate bus for feeding downstream non-isolated point-of-load (POL) converters. The secondary 3.3 Vdc output can deliver up to 4.5 amps for powering ATCA control and monitoring functions.
In addition to high efficiency power conversion, the ATCR250 series converter provides power interface and power management functionality. Power interface functions include ORing, filtering and inrush control, while power management functionality is facilitated by an I2C serial bus and direct high-speed interfaces. Critical alarms, such as loss of A or B feeds, are hardware-implemented using opto-isolators; other types of alarm are handled via the I2C bus, which is enhanced with an interrupt link. The alarm thresholds can be programmed via the I2C bus.
Standard features include input undervoltage and overvoltage lockout and remote On/Off, as well as comprehensive protection against overtemperature and output overvoltage or overcurrent conditions.
The ATCR250 series converter is an open-frame design with a 2.32 x 1.81 inch (59 x 46 mm) footprint that is optimized for high density ATCA applications. It has an installed height of 0.83 inch (21.1 mm).
ATCR250 Data Sheet
0.5MB , PDF
- Total Max Power: 250 W
- Total Max Current: 20.8 A
- Input Voltage: 36 V to 72 V
- Output Voltage: 3.3 V to 12 V
- Outputs: Dual
- Size (L x W x H): 2.300" x 1.800" x 0.830"
- Warranty: 2 years
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to +85°C
- Fully integrated input power entry module and fully regulated 12V intermediate bus converter solution for high density ATCA applications
- Oring for A/B Dual 48Vdc power feeds
- Hot swap capability with inrush protection
- EMI Filtering
- Programmable Hold Up voltage (50-80 VDC) through external resistor for charging external hold up capacitors
- I2C serial bus interface for monitoring and reporting
- RoHS 6/6 Compliant