1050 Watt Front End AC-DC Power Supplies
The DS1050 series bulk front end AC-DC power supply accepts a wide range 90–264 Vac input and provides a main 12 V output plus a 3.3 V or 5 V standby output. Rated at 1,050 watts it is an 80 Plus Gold supply with a high half-load efficiency of 92%. Housed in an industry standard 1U x 2U rack-mounting package, the power supply is ideal for space-constrained applications. This series comes in two airflow versions – dc-connector to ac-connector and vice versa.
The main 12 V output can deliver up to 87 amps and stays within regulation down to zero load, making it perfect for feeding downstream DC-DC converters in systems that use distributed power architectures (DPA). Standard features include active current sharing, internal ORing FETs and an EEPROM for storing service data to facilitate efficient field replacement. The power supply is hot pluggable and ideal for fault tolerant and N+1 redundant applications.
This digitally-controlled power supply is PMBus™ compliant. A built-in I2C serial interface allows set-up, monitoring and control to be performed using Artesyn Embedded Technologies' universal PMBus graphical user interface.
Universal PMBus GUI Software Package
Total Max Power:
Total Max Current:
90 V to 264 V
12 V to 12 V
Size (L x W x H):
11.000" x 3.200" x 1.570"
-10°C to +50°C
- Logic Control
- Leakage Current: 1.40 mA @ 240VAC
- Efficiency: > 92% typical at high line 50% load
- Inrush Current: 40Apk Max
- Frequency: 47-63 Hz Single Phase AC
- Input Range: 90-264 VAC
- Power Factor: 0.99 Typical
- Hold-up Time: 12 mSec Min
- Main DC Voltage: 12VDC @ 87 A
- Turn-on Delay: 2 Second Max, Monotonic Rise
- Regulation: +/- 5% on Main; +/- 5% on Stand-By
- Adjustment Range: +/- 5% on Main output using I2C
- Stand-By Voltage: 3.3VDC @ 4 A (5VDC @ 2.5 A available)
- PWR GOOD: TTL High with supply is in Regulatioin
- PS_Seated: TTL Low when supply is inserted in system
- PS_Inhibit: TTL Low supply is enabled on
- 5.0V/3.3V dual outputs
- Enable (on/off)
- Output loadsharing
- Industry standard pin-out
- Trim feature, both rails
- 100°C Baseplate temperature
- Unencapsulated 2.3" x 2.4" x 0.50" pkg.
- 48VDC Input
- Thermal protection