460 Watt Front End AC-DC Power Supplies
The DS460S series high-efficiency bulk front end AC-DC power supply is intended for systems that use distributed power architectures. Rated at 460 watts, the power supply generates a main payload output of 12.3 Vdc and an auxiliary output of 12 Vdc for powering standby circuitry. It accepts a wide range 90–264Vac input and has a high typical conversion efficiency of 92% at 50% load.
Standard features include active current sharing and an EEPROM for storing service data to facilitate efficient field replacement. The power supply features an I2C interface that allows Artesyn Embedded Technologies' universal PMBus™ graphical user interface to be used for data retrieval.
DS460 power supplies are hot pluggable and ideal for fault tolerant and N+1 redundant applications. They are intended primarily for use in rack-mounted server and networking switch applications. This series comes in two airflow versions – dc connector to ac connector and vice versa.
Universal PMBus GUI Software Package
Total Max Power:
Total Max Current:
90 V to 264 V
12 V to 12 V
Size (L x W x H):
7.360" x 3.400" x 1.570"
-10°C to +50°C
- Logic Control
- Input Range: 90 - 264 VAC
- Frequency: 47 - 63 Hz Single Phase AC
- Inrush Current: 30 A Peak
- Efficiency: 92% typical at high line 50% load
- Power Factor: 0.99 Typical
- Leakage Current: 1.0 mA @ 240 VAC
- Rise Time: 10 - 30 mSec
- Turn-on Delay: 1.0 - 1.5 Seconds
- Overvoltage Protection: 13.6 - 15.0VDC
- Overcurrent Protection: Constant Current limited to 120-150%
- Regulation: 11.85 - 12.45 VDC
- Stand-By Output: 12.0 V @ 2.3 A
- Main DC Output: 12.3 V @ 38.2 A (Measured @ Connector)
- Interface: I2C supported PMBus
- Safety Rated: UL/cUL 60950 (UL Recognized); CE; CB
- 5.0V/3.3V dual outputs
- Enable (on/off)
- Output loadsharing
- Industry standard pin-out
- Trim feature, both rails
- 100°C Baseplate temperature
- Unencapsulated 2.3" x 2.4" x 0.50" pkg.
- 48VDC Input
- Thermal protection