2900 Watt Front End AC-DC Power Supplies
The DS2900 series bulk front end AC-DC power supply accepts a 180–264 Vac input and provides a main 12 V output plus a 3.3 V or optional 5 V standby output. Rated at 2,900 watts, it has a high efficiency of 91% at 50% load. Housed in a 2U x 3U form factor enclosure, the DS2900 has a high power density of 24.8 watts per cubic inch.
The main 12 V output can deliver up to 240 amps, making it perfect for feeding downstream DC-DC converters in systems that use distributed power architectures (DPA). The power supply is primarily designed for computing, storage and datacom applications. Active current sharing allows up to eight DS2900 power supplies to be paralleled for very high current applications without need of additional components. The power supply is hot pluggable and ideal for fault tolerant and N+1 redundant applications.
This digitally-controlled power supply is PMBus™ compliant. A built-in I2C serial interface allows set-up, monitoring and control to be performed using Artesyn Embedded Technologies' universal PMBus graphical user interface.
Universal PMBus GUI Software Package
Total Max Power:
Total Max Current:
180 V to 264 V
10.8 V to 13.2 V
Size (L x W x H):
8.540" x 4.170" x 3.070"
0 to +50°C
- Logic Control
- Hold-up Time: 12 mSec min.
- Efficiency: > 91 at nominal line 50% load
- Inrush Current: 50 Apk Max
- Power Factor: 0.99 Typical
- Leakage Current: 1.40 mA @ 240 VAC
- Conducted and Radiated EMI: FCC Subpart J EN55022 Class A
- Input Range: 180 - 264 VAC
- Overvoltage: 110%-130% of nominal on both outputs
- Undervoltage: 9 - 10.8 on Main 12 V output only
- Overcurrent: Constant Current type on Main and Stby
- Regulation: +/-4% on Main; +/-5% on Stand-By
- Rise Time: 5 - 300 mSec, monotonic rise
- Adjustment Range: +/-10% on Main output using I2C
- Stand-By Voltage: 3.3 VDC @ 3 A (5 VDC available)
- Main DC Voltage: 12 VDC @ 240 A
- Remote ON/OFF (PSON#): Active Low turns ON the 12 V output
- Power Good (PWOK#): Active Low when both outputs are in Reg
- Supply Present (PRESENT#): Pin connected to ground when inserted
- AC Input Present (ACOK#): Active Low when AC input is OK
- 5.0V/3.3V dual outputs
- Enable (on/off)
- Output loadsharing
- Industry standard pin-out
- Trim feature, both rails
- 100°C Baseplate temperature
- Unencapsulated 2.3" x 2.4" x 0.50" pkg.
- 48VDC Input
- Thermal protection