3000 Watt Front End AC-DC Power Supplies
The HPS3000 series bulk front end AC-DC power supply accepts a wide range 90–264 Vac input and provides a main 48 V output plus a 5 V standby output. It has a full load efficiency of more than 90% and is rated at 3,000 watts when operating from a nominal 200 Vac input. Housed in a 1U x 4.2 inch form factor enclosure, the power supply has a power density of 40 watts per cubic inch; four units can fit on a standard 19 inch rack shelf, to provide a total of 12 kilowatts.
The main 48 V output can deliver up to 62 amps when the power supply is operating from a 180-264 Vac input and is ideal for feeding downstream DC-DC converters in systems that use distributed power architectures (DPA). Active current sharing allows up to four HPS3000 power supplies to be paralleled for very high current applications without need of additional components. The power supply is hot pluggable and ideal for fault tolerant and N+1 redundant applications. Constant current mode operation can be supported by the power supply.
This digitally-controlled power supply is PMBus™ compliant. A built-in I2C serial interface allows set-up, monitoring and control to be performed using Artesyn Embedded Technologies' universal PMBus graphical user interface.
Universal PMBus GUI Software Package
Total Max Power:
Total Max Current:
90 V to 264 V
48 V to 48 V
Size (L x W x H):
12.900" x 4.200" x 1.570"
-10°C to +40°C
- Logic Control
- Input Range: 180 - 265 VAC 3000 W
- Inrush Current: <= 40 A Peak
- Power Factor: 0.97 typical
- Fusing: Internal 25 A Both lines Fused
- Input Range: 90 - 140 VAC 1500 W
- Hold-up Time: 10 mSec Min
- Current: 19 A max
- Input Frequency: 43 - 63 Hz
- Transient Response: 5% max deviation
- Protections: OCP, OVP, OTP
- Rating 90-140 VAC: 48 V @ 29.4 A; 5 V @ 3 A
- Min Load: 0 A
- Rating 180-264 VAC: 48 V @ 62.0 A; 5 V @ 3 A
- Output Noise: 480 mV max P-P
- Customer Interface: PMBus Compliant
- Output Isolation: Per PoE specs > 2000 VAC
- Altitude: Up to 10K feet
- Vibration/Shock: 5G Sine sweep from 5 Hz to 500 Hz
- 5.0V/3.3V dual outputs
- Enable (on/off)
- Output loadsharing
- Industry standard pin-out
- Trim feature, both rails
- 100°C Baseplate temperature
- Unencapsulated 2.3" x 2.4" x 0.50" pkg.
- 48VDC Input
- Thermal protection