SharpCaster™ PCIE-8205Broadcast Video Accelerator
Artesyn SharpCaster PCIE-8205 Data Sheet
0.6MB , PDF
The Artesyn SharpCaster™ PCIE-8205 broadcast video accelerator delivers the highest density solution with no compromise in video quality for the most demanding broadcast application requirements.
It is designed to meet the needs of multi-service operators (MSOs) who must deploy new video services and subscriber features over their networks, with the right level of scalability and high video quality.
Compared to software-only solutions, the SharpCaster PCIE-8205 accelerator delivers scalability in terms of higher video quality versus channel density, less power and less server footprint. By using a standard off-the-shelf PCI Express form factor, the SharpCaster PCIE-8205 accelerator is easily deployable in off the shelf platforms, which can advance broadcast application development.
Through its use of the Magnum D7 Pro broadcast SoC technology, the SharpCaster PCIE-8205 accelerator delivers industry leading video quality and channel densities with software application stacks specifically designed to meet the most challenging requirements for each application in the contribution, production and distribution broadcast marketsegments.
Full support for the Magnum software application stacks and ProAPI, combined with support for SDI/ASI inputs and transport stream access across the PCIe interface allows broadcast OEMs to focus on delivering innovative software features in a standard server platform without compromising video quality, density and power.
Let us help with your product selection
- Complete software and hardware encode and transcode solution for broadcast applications, including:
- Main and multi-screen distribution
- DSNG and live event contribution encoders with 10-bit 4:2:2 support
- Ingest & play-out servers
- Up to 8 main-screen or 16 multi-screen ABR (Adaptive Bit Rate) HD transcodes per card
- Up to 4 main-screen or 16 multi-screen ABR HD encodes per card
- Multi-channel Dolby Digital Pro, AAC-LC, HE-AAC and MPEG-1 Layer II audio support
- Full-height, half-length PCI Express form factor compatible with 1RU and 2RU servers
- Support for High Video Quality Features:
- Motion Estimation
- Real-life Video Coding
- IDR, PTS and GoP aligned ABR support
- Interlaced to progressive conversion
- MPEG-2 and H.264 encoding and transcoding
- Artesyn Embedded Technologies Launches SharpCaster™ Accelerator to Simplify, Speed and Save When Deploying Broadcast Video
- White Paper: Cost-Effective Deployment of High-Quality Video Processing for Broadcast Using Off-the-Shelf Technology