SharpMedia™ PCIE-8120PCI Express Media Processing Accelerator
Artesyn SharpMedia PCIE-8120 Data Sheet
0.6MB , PDF
The Artesyn SharpMedia™ PCIE-8120 media processing accelerator enables high density voice and video processing to be integrated into a rack mounted server or other network appliances that have full size PCI express slots.
Voice and video streaming is becoming more pervasive as customer demand for media consumption continues to rise, and the diversity of media sources, network conditions and individual consumption devices proliferate. Using traditional Intel® Xeon® server architectures,power and efficiency soon become a limitation when scaling to high channel density mediastream transcoding.
By employing highly efficient digital signal processors (DSP) to provide direct offload of the host CPU, the SharpMedia PCIE-8120 acceleration engine can take the place of additional servers when adding high density voice and video processing to an application. Network equipment providers can either add or substantially increase the voice channel or video processing density within existing systems, so reducing overall power and space demands for their equipment as it scales to higher throughput.
This board is particularly suited to the following applications:
- Session border controllers (adding voice or video transcode)
- Media gateways
- Media servers/media resource function
- Video/content optimization (transcode and transrating)
- Video communications servers
- Interactive voice and video response systems
Featuring up to 12 power-efficient DSPs with optimized software, SharpMedia PCIE-8120 can support over 7500 ports of G.729AB or six 4-party HD720p video conferences.
SharpMedia PCIE-8120 brings high density DSPs with embedded voice and video firmware from Octasic together with Artesyn's strong embedded system heritage and thermal design skill, resulting in an industry-leading media processing density for the next generation of voice and video processing systems.
Let us help with your product selection
- Single slot full length full height PCI express card with x4 interface
- High performance media processing core based on power-efficient DSPs
- Optional 2 x GbE ports (RJ45) with NAT function for direct network attachment providing server offload.
- Comprehensive voice and video processing firmware and programmers interface included.
- Support for 720p and 1080p video conferencing
- Artesyn Embedded Technologies Enhances Support for Over the Top Network Applications and WebRTC Gateways
- New Emerson Network Power Media Processing Accelerator Offers Performance Breakthrough in Server Applications
- SharpMedia™ PCIE-8120 Media Processing Accelerator Card Wins Unified Communications Product of the Year Award
- Emerson Network Power Joins HP AllianceONE Partner Program to Boost Performance of Voice and Video Solutions on Rack Mount Servers
- First Telecom OEM Proof-of-Concept from Dell OEM Solutions and Emerson Network Power a Leap Forward for Wireless Voice and Video in Server Applications
RoHS 2 CoC_PCIE-8120-A08-C03
RoHS 2 CoC_PCIE-8120-V04-C03
RoHS 2 CoC_PCIE-8120-V08-C03
RoHS 2 CoC_PCIE-8120-V12-N-C03
Add High Definition (HD) Video Capability to a Media Server Application
Add Voice Transcoding to a Session Border Controller (or other Network Gateway) Application
Declaration of Conformity
Installation and Use Guide
Installing PCIE-8120 into a Dell R720 server
Installing PCIE-8120 into an HP BladeSystem c7000 Platinum Enclosure with an HP ProLiant Gen8 server blade
Installing PCIE-8120 into an HP DL380p server
Installing PCIE-8120 into an HP DL580 Gen7 server
SharpMedia™ PCIE-8120 Quick Start Guide (January 2015)