MVME7100NXP® MPC864xD VME SBC
MVME7100 Data Sheet
0.4MB , PDF
COTS for Defense and Aerospace
0.4MB , PDF
The Artesyn Embedded Technologies MVME7100, featuring the system-on-chip MPC864xD processor, offers a growth path for VMEbus customers with applications on the previous generation of VME, specifically the MPC74xx processors. The system-on-chip implementation offers power/thermal, reliability, and lifecycle advantages not typically found in alternative architectures.
The Artesyn MVME7100 single-board computer (SBC) helps OEMs of industrial, medical, and defense/aerospace equipment add performance and features for competitive advantage while still protecting the fundamental investment in VMEbus and related technologies. Customers can keep their VMEbus infrastructure (chassis, backplanes, and other VMEbus and PMC boards) while improving performance and extending the lifecycle. Also, the extended lifecycle of Artesyn computing products helps reduce churns in development and support efforts resulting from frequent product changes.
The faster processor and 2eSST VMEbus interface combine to offer significant performance improvement. New cost-effective peripherals can be integrated easily using USB interfaces.
Extended temperature (-40°C to +71°C) variants support a wide range of operating and storage temperatures in addition to increased tolerances for shock. This enables the boards to operate in harsh environments while maintaining structural and operational integrity.
Let us help with your product selection
- Up to 1.3 GHz system-on-chip NXP® MPC864xD with dual PowerPC® e600 processor cores, dual integrated memory controllers, DMA engine, PCI Express interface, Ethernet, and local I/O
- Extended temperature (-40°C to +71°C) and rugged board variants available
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Up to 2GB of DDR2 ECC memory, 128MB NOR flash and 2, 4 or 8GB NAND flash
- USB 2.0 controller for integrating cost-effective peripherals (commercial temperature only)
- 2eSST VMEbus protocol with 320MB/s transfer rate across the VMEbus
- Board support packages for VxWorks, LynxOS, and Linux
- Dual 33/66/100MHz PMC-X sites for expansion via industry standard modules with support for processor PMCs
- 8x PCI Express expansion connector for PMC-X and XMC expansion using Artesyn XMCspan
- MVME7216E direct-connect rear transition module (RTM) for I/O routing through rear of a VMEbus chassis
VME Beyond 2025 Brochure
VME Beyond 2025 Brochure - Chinese version
VME Beyond 2025 Brochure - Japanese version
Declaration of Conformity
Installation and Use Guide
MVME7100 Single Board Computer Installation and Use (May 2016)
MVME7100ET Single Board Computer Installation and Use (May 2016)
MVME721x RTM Installation and Use (April 2015)
MVME7100 Single Board Computer Programmer's Reference (June 2014)
MVME7100ET Single Board Computer Programmer's Reference (June 2014)
CoC ATCA 7360-MEM-4G