MVME5500NXP® MPC7457 VME SBC
MVME5500 Data Sheet
0.6MB , PDF
The MVME5500 from Artesyn Embedded Technologies uses the MPC7457 processor running at 1 GHz, balanced with memory, dual independent local buses and I/O subsystems.
The powerful Marvell system controller, with support for a 133 MHz host bus and a 133 MHz SDRAM memory bus, is well matched to the high speed processor.
To match the system I/O to the outstanding processor performance, the MVME5500 provides dual 64-bit, 33/66 MHz PCI buses. Each PCI bus has a PMC site supporting cards running at 33 or 66 MHz. The Universe II VME interface and PMCspan connector are isolated from the PMC sites on a dedicated 33 MHz PCI bus segment so that both PMC sites are capable of 66 MHz operation.
The MVME5500 also offers a Gigabit Ethernet interface, a 10/100BaseTX Ethernet interface and two serial ports. All of this adds up to a set of well-balanced, high-performance subsystems for unparalleled performance.
The MVME5500 series is designed to meet the needs of OEMs including those in defense and aerospace, industrial automation and transportation. Customers looking for a technology refresh for their application while maintaining backward compatibility with their existing VMEbus infrastructure can upgrade to the MVME5500 series and take advantage of the enhanced performance features.
Let us help with your product selection
- MPC7457 PowerPC® processor at 1GHz
- 512KB of on-chip L2 cache and 2MB of L3 cache
- AltiVec coprocessor for high-performance computational applications
- Two banks of soldered flash memory (32MB and 8MB)
- Dual independent 64-bit PCI buses and PMC sites with a bus speed of up to 66 MHz
- Gigabit Ethernet interface plus an additional 10/100BaseTX Ethernet interface
- 64-bit PCI expansion mezzanine connector allowing up to four more PMCs
- I/O compatibility with MVME51xx family
- Support for processor PMCs (PrPMCs)
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure - Chinese version
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure - Japanese version
Declaration of Conformity
MVME55006E Single Board Computer Installation and Use (July 2014)
MVME7616E Transition Module Installation and Use (May 2016)