MVME4100NXP® 8548E Processor VME SBC
MVME4100 Data Sheet
0.6MB , PDF
COTS for Defense and Aerospace
0.4MB , PDF
The MVME4100 single-board computer from Artesyn Embedded Technologies incorporates the NXP 8548E processor, industry-leading storage options, extensive I/O and flexible expansion options including an on-board PMC site and up to four optional XMC sites via expansion cards.
The MVME4100, with the NXP MPC8548E system-on-chip (SoC) processor, provides a high-performance, cost-effective continuation for currently deployed VME infrastructure.
The e500 core, coupled with the current operating systems, allows for double precision floating point operations. In addition, the processor-enabled supplementary encryption engine can be leveraged to address new opportunities meeting the ever-growing demands for network privacy and data security.
The MVME4100 memory and storage options raise the bar in the embedded computing market. 2GB of DDR2 RAM is provided in SO-DIMM format. Innovative MRAM is included for truly non-volatile memory. Also included are 4GB of NAND flash, which can take the place of some rotating media or removable flash, while offering improved performance and life cycle.
High speed 2eSST protocol and extensive I/O - four Gigabit Ethernet ports, five serial ports, USB and PMC/XMC sites - round out the MVME4100 to provide maximum performance and flexibility.
Extended temperature (-40 °C to +71 °C) variants support a wide range of operating and storage temperatures in addition to increased tolerances for shock. This enables the boards to operate in harsh environments while maintaining structural and operational integrity.
Let us help with your product selection
- 1.3 GHz system-on-chip NXP MPC8548E with e500 processor core, double precision floating point operations, integrated memory controller, DMA engine, PCI-X and PCI Express interface, Ethernet, and local I/O
- Extended temperature (-40°C to +71°C)
- 2GB of DDR2 ECC memory, 128MB NOR flash and 4GB NAND flash
- 512KB of MRAM non-volatile memory
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Five serial ports
- USB 2.0 controller for integrating cost-effective peripherals (commercial temperature only)
- 2eSST VMEbus protocol with 320MB/s transfer rate across the VMEbus
- Board support packages for VxWorks and Linux
- Dual 33/66/100MHz PMC sites for expansion via industry standard modules with support for processor PMCs
- 8x PCI/PCI-X expansion connector for PMC/XMC expansion using Artesyn XMCspan carrier
- MVME7216E direct-connect rear transition module (RTM) for I/O routing through rear of VMEbus chassis
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure - Chinese version
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure - Japanese version
Declaration of Conformity
MVME4100 Single Board Computer Installation and Use (May 2016)
MVME4100ET Single Board Computer Installation and Use (May 2016)
MVME721x RTM Installation and Use (April 2015)