MVME3100VME Board with NXP® MPC8540 System-on-Chip Processor
MVME3100 Data Sheet
0.6MB , PDF
COTS for Defense and Aerospace
0.4MB , PDF
The Artesyn Embedded Technologies MVME3100, featuring the system-on-chip NXP MPC8540 processor, offers a growth path for VMEbus customers with applications on the previous generation of VME, specifically the MPC8240 and similar (MPC603 family) processors.
The system-on-chip implementation offers power/thermal, reliability, and lifecycle advantages not typically found in alternative architectures. The faster processor and 2eSST VMEbus interface combine to offer significant performance improvement.
OEMs of industrial, medical, and defense/aerospace VMEbus platforms can now add performance and features for competitive advantage while still protecting their fundamental investment in VMEbus and related technologies. Customers can keep their VMEbus infrastructure (chassis, backplanes, and other VMEbus and PMC boards) while improving performance and extending the lifecycle. Also, the extended lifecycle of Artesyn computing products helps reduce churns in development and support efforts resulting from frequent product changes.
New cost-effective peripherals can be integrated easily using USB and Serial ATA interfaces. SATA represents a significant cost reduction opportunity from older SCSI technology, with generally lower drive pricing for equivalent capacity.
Let us help with your product selection
- System-on-chip NXP MPC8540 with PowerPC® e500 processor core, integrated memory controller, DMA engine, PCI-X interface, Ethernet and local I/O
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports plus an additional 10/100BaseTX port
- Up to 512MB of DDR333 ECC memory
- USB 2.0 and Serial ATA controllers for integrating cost-effective peripherals
- 2eSST VMEbus protocol offering interoperability with products such as the MVME6100 at higher bandwidths
- Board support packages for VxWorks, LynxOS, and Linux
- Dual 33/66/100MHz PMC-X sites for expansion via industry standard modules, support for processor PMCs and PMCspan
- MVME721 direct-connect rear transition module (RTM) for I/O routing through rear of compact VMEbus chassis
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure - Chinese version
VME Beyond 2020 Brochure - Japanese version
Declaration of Conformity
MVME3100 Single Board Computer Installation and Use (May 2016)
MVME721x RTM Installation and Use (April 2015)