ControlSafe® Compact Carborne Platform
White Papers and eBooks
Artesyn's ControlSafe® Compact Carborne Platform (C-CCP) is the smallest ControlSafe platform, comprised of two redundant Compact-ControlSafe Carborne Computers. Each Compact-ControlSafe Carborne Computer uses the same core components of the ControlSafe Carborne Computer (and thus provides the same operational / programming model as all other ControlSafe platforms) but in a half-rack-width chassis, with a single, front access I/O module slot. Thus, two Compact-ControlSafe Carborne Computers can be installed side-by-side in a standard 19-inch rack. This makes the ControlSafe® Compact Carborne Platform an ideal highly available, SIL4 safety engine / platform for standalone safety processing or remote I/O control.
Deployable in both wayside and carborne applications, the ControlSafe platform is designed to support a broad range of I/O modules such as CAN, Ethernet, UART, Digital input/output and future, analog and GPS/Wireless modules to enable solution integrators to handle both new deployments and upgrade projects easily. Artesyn has also cooperated with customers on specific I/O solutions to meet unique application requirements.
Artesyn's ControlSafe® Compact Carborne Platform provides rail infrastructure providers and system integrators with a cost-effective way to substantially accelerate time-to-market without incurring the high costs and risks of the SIL4 certification process.
With all reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS) processes certified to EN50126, all safety-related software to EN50128, and hardware to EN50129 by TÜV SÜD, one of the most trusted certification bodies worldwide, Artesyn’s ControlSafe Platform can be deployed in SIL4 safety application environments to protect investments in rail infrastructure.
Let us help with your product selection
- Highly integrated COTS safety platform designed to be certified to SIL4
- Small footprint (44HP) allows 2 chassis installed side by side in a standard 19’’ rack
- A compact voting and processing engine boosts end solution flexibility and modularity
- Versatile platform suitable for both carborne and wayside applications
- Common ControlSafe safety architecture minimizes effort for application transfer
- Designed to deliver platform hardware availability of six nines (99.9999%)
- A modular and scalable solution enables both new deployments and upgrade projects
- Innovative data lock-step architecture allows seamless technology upgrades
- Hardware-based voting mechanism maximizes application software transparency
- Rugged design compliant with IEC 61373 and EN 50155
- 15 years product life and 25 years of service available
- Backed by a global service organization
- Artesyn Launches ControlSafe™ Compact Carborne Platform for Train Control and Rail Signaling
- Artesyn ControlSafe™ Carborne Platform for Onboard Rail Computing Applications Now SIL4 Certified
- ControlSafe Compact Carborne Platform Data Sheet
- ControlSafe Compact Carborne Platform Data Sheet_Chinese Version
- ControlSafe Compact Carborne Platform Data Sheet_Korean Version
- ControlSafe Compact Carborne Platform Data Sheet_Japanese Version
- ControlSafe Platform in China Solution Brief_Korean Version
- ControlSafe Platform in China Solution Brief_Japanese Version
- ControlSafe Platform in China Solution Brief_Chinese Version
- ControlSafe Platform in China Solution Brief_English Version