ATCA-8320AdvancedTCA DSP Blade
ATCA-8320 Data Sheet
0.5MB , PDF
The Artesyn Embedded Technologies ATCA-8320 is a DSP-based media processing blade for use in AdvancedTCA systems. It offers a very high density of IP voice and video transcoding, including H.264 at up to 1080p, for use in communications applications.
Voice and video streaming over IP networks is becoming more pervasive as customer demand for media consumption continues to rise, and the diversity of media sources, network conditions and individual consumption devices proliferate. Using traditional Intel® Xeon® server architectures, power and efficiency soon become a limitation when scaling voice and especially HD video stream processing to high channel densities. By employing efficient Octasic OCT2224 Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) to provide the transcoding functions, the new ATCA-8320 media processing blade can take the place of many additional server blades when adding voice or video processing to an application.
The blade can be used as an offload function for a standard server blade, but can also be used as the basis for a standalone media processing function. In addition to the DSPs, the ATCA-8320 blade features an integrated multicore CPU to provide advanced IP flow management and distribution, and a mobile x86 CPU for local application hosting. This "Gateway on a Blade" architecture allows a high degree of scalability from very small systems up to very large.
This board is particularly suited to the following applications:
- Session Border Controllers (adding voice or video transcode
- Media Gateways
- Media Servers / Media Resource Function
- Mobile Video Optimization (transcode and transrating)
- Video Communications and Conferencing Servers
- Interactive Voice and Video Response Systems
ATCA-8320 brings multi-core DSPs and the powerful Vocallo MGW voice and video software stacks together with Artesyn's leading ATCA system heritage and thermal design skill, resulting in an industry-leading media processing density for the next generation of ATCAbased voice and video processing systems.
Let us help with your product selection
- Up to 24 power-efficient Octasic OCT2224M DSPs on two mezzanine sites
- Comprehensive voice and video processing firmware and programmers interface
- 8 core NXP® QorIQ® P4080 for blade management plus packet processing and load balancing of IP streams
- Dual core Intel® Core™ i7 processor for local control and management application
- Local Ethernet switching network with full switch management utilities
- Rear transition module supports 10G + 4 x 1G Ethernet cable terminations
- Designed for NEBS Level 3 and ETSI telecom standards compliance in a CP-TA B.4 class enclosure