ATCA-7480QuadStar™ 40G Packet Processing/Server Blade
ATCA-7480 Data Sheet
0.6MB , PDF
The Artesyn Embedded Technologies ATCA-7480 COTS blade is based on two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 family processors providing the highest performance class with up to 28 processing cores per blade. Data paths to main memory and I/O are highly optimized by the use of DDR4 and PCIe Gen 3 protocol. The scalable memory capacity of up to 512GB is ideal for deep in-memory databases and look-up/routing tables. This will allow for shorter response times of database accesses, accelerated pattern matching and it can help optimize routing decisions in virtualized network environments.
Cost sensitive applications will benefit from the possibility to use up to sixteen memory DIMMs with lower capacity while still achieving attractive memory capacities. The blade can be combined with optional hardware accelerators directly connected to the CPUs. The accelerators are optimized for assisting encryption/decryption algorithms and can greatly enhance throughput of encrypted data in security applications.
The ATCA-7480 features a QuadStar™ interface consisting of four 40G Ethernet channels that connect to the shelf's backplane. System integrators have the choice of combining channels to different kinds of redundant and non-redundant topologies depending on the applications bandwidth and availability requirements. By integrating multiple ATCA-7480 blades with up to four 40G hub blades into a single shelf, applications can benefit from high data rates flowing through the available hub blades. In addition external network connectivity can be further increased by a wide range of I/O network options. Selectable bandwidths from 1G, 10G to 40G Ethernet support the integration of the ATCA-7480 into different network environments. The networking design is optimized for use with Intel DPDK and is prepared for supporting future releases.
With enabling software for Artesyn's SDN/NFV solutions, the ATCA-7480 blade includes support for Intel DPDK-accelerated OpenVSwitch, OpenFlow and OpenStack plug-ins for managing virtualization services on the computing platform. The blade will also support Wind River's Carrier Grade Communications Server, a fully integrated and feature-complete software platform that enables an NFV infrastructure to achieve the ultra-reliability and high performance mandated for telecom networks.
Designers and system integrators of communications equipment look for solutions to mitigate infrastructure cost as much as possible. Therefore it is crucial to maximize the available data processing throughput per rack unit. As more and more data will be concentrated in network elements, network bandwidth inside and between equipment is rapidly growing. The ATCA-7480 blade is the ideal work load unit for meeting this new class of performance and network requirements. Its design has been optimized for providing best in class computational performance and optimized packet throughput combined with high bandwidth network connectivity. It enables a wide range of applications including packet processing, security functions, NFV environments and control tasks on a single platform. This can help simplifying development and integration of the target application and shortening time to market of the end product.
Let us help with your product selection
- Two Intel® Xeon® processors,E5-2600 v3 family
- Scalable performance range with up to 14 cores per processor
- Up to 512GB main memory, DDR4, configurable for highest capacity or cost effective memory configurations
- Large scale on-board solid state storage
- QuadStar™ 40G fabric interfaces enabling multiple bandwidth and redundancy options
- Choice of network I/O options supporting 1, 10 and 40G interfaces
- Hardware off-loading functions for en/decryption and compression (optional)
- Hot-swappable mass storage options and RAID 0/1 support
- Suitable for open source and commercial Linux derivatives
- Virtualization support including Linux KVM and VMware
- Intel DPDK ready
- Designed for NEBS and ETSI compliance (configuration dependent)
- New Artesyn Embedded Technologies Server Blade Optimized for Network Function Virtualization and Deep Packet Inspection Applications
- Artesyn Joins Wind River Titanium Cloud to Accelerate Development of Network Function Virtualization Solutions
White Papers and eBooks
Declaration of Conformity
Installation and Use Guide
ATCA-7480 Quick Start Guide (February 2015)
ATCA-748X MMOD-SSDKIT Quick Start Guide (November 2016)
ATCA-7XMMOD-SATAx Quick Start Guide (November 2016)
RTM-ATCA-748x-40G Quick Start Guide (October 2016)