SIL4 Certified Rail COTS ControlSafe™ Platform
Artesyn's ControlSafe™ Platform is a SIL4 certified COTS fail-safe and fault-tolerant platform for train control and rail signaling applications, based on open standards.
The ControlSafe Platform consists of two redundant ControlSafe Computers (CSCs), each of which delivers fail-safe operation and together provide a highly available platform. They are linked by a Safety Relay Box (SRB) or Direct Connect Algorithm (DCA) that monitors the health of the two CSCs, designates one as active and the other as standby, and controls fail-over operation between the two CSCs to deliver a highly available, fail-safe and fault-tolerant computer system.
Deployable in both wayside and carborne applications, the ControlSafe platform is designed to support a broad range of I/O modules such as CAN, Ethernet, Ethernet Ring, UART, MVB, digital, analog and GPS/Wireless to enable solution integrators to handle both new deployments and upgrade projects easily. Artesyn has also cooperated with customers on specific I/O solutions to meet unique application requirements.
It provides rail infrastructure providers and system integrators with a cost-effective way to substantially accelerate time-to-market without incurring the high costs and risks of the SIL4 certification process.
With all reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS) processes certified to EN50126, all safety-related software to EN50128, and hardware to EN50129 by TÜV SÜD, one of the most trusted certification bodies worldwide, Artesyn’s ControlSafe Platform can be deployed in SIL4 safety application environments to protect investments in rail infrastructure.
- Highly integrated COTS solution certified to SIL4 safety standards by TÜV SÜD
- Designed to deliver platform hardware availability of six nines (99.9999%)
- Modular and scalable for deployment in many rail applications
- Innovative data lock-step architecture allows seamless technology upgrades
- Hardware-based voting mechanism maximizes application software transparency
- 15 years planned product life and 25 years of extended support and service available
- Backed up by a global service organization
- Rugged design compliant with EN 50155
Common platform to enable various waysideand carborne deployment