Tempe, Ariz. [23 February, 2015] — At Mobile World Congress in Barcelona (March 2nd to 5th, 2015), Artesyn Embedded Technologies will demonstrate its range of computing platforms for virtual network functions (VNFs) that scale from the edge to the core of carrier networks. These demonstrations will show how Artesyn is helping communications service providers to monetize OTT content, decrease their infrastructure OpEx and improve the flexibility of their carrier cloud infrastructure.
Artesyn has collaborated with leading technology providers including Intel®, Dell, Metaswitch Networks, and Clavister and Vantrix to integrate a range of demonstrations of multiple network functions such as network security, session border control, and accelerated voice & video transcoding, all orchestrated using industry-standard NFV tools.
Artesyn’s computing solutions, including the Centellis® Virtualization Platform, SharpStreamer™ Server Platforms and SharpStreamer PCI Express add-in media accelerator cards, provide the highest density infrastructure for these demonstrations, while providing the scalability and flexibility of open, standards-based platforms.
Artesyn is hosting an Open House event on Monday 2nd March, to allow prospective customers to see these live demonstrations. People interested in attending the Open House event are asked to register for an invitation at www.artesyn.com/mwc.
Meetings and demonstrations will be held in the Artesyn meeting room (2B9MR). Artesyn also has live demonstrations of VNFs for transcoding with Intel® Media Server Studio in the Intel booth (8.1E41) and multiscreen video transcoding for live/linear and OTT video-on-demand at the Dell booth (3L30).
From edge to core, Artesyn’s scalable platforms are driving multiple virtual network functions, demonstrated at MWC15 with key technology partners:
- High capacity session border controller (SBC) application: Using OpenStack orchestration to elastically scale application instances based on network throughput and load, demonstrated on Artesyn’s Centellis™ VP system with Metaswitch Networks Perimeta SBC and orchestrated through industry standard NFV tools.
- LTE virtual security gateway (LTE/SEG) to provide secure data connections between subscribers’ devices and the LTE packet data network, demonstrated on Artesyn edge and core platforms with Clavister, demonstrated in both Artesyn meeting room (2B9MR) and Intel network operations exhibit area (8.1E41).
- Virtual video transcoding for OTT and live/linear video content: Delivering maximum streams/density per RU for mobile video consumption as well as speech transcoding for cloud-based media processing for C-RAN and vRAN network functions, shown on Artesyn GPU-accelerated SharpStreamer™ edge platforms with Vantrix in the Intel Media exhibit area (8.1E41).
- Mobile network optimization VNF to compress bandwidth burden on the network – ideal for real-time LTE network applications, shown on Artesyn core platforms with Vantrix in the Artesyn meeting room (2B9MR).
- OTT video transcoding VNF, featuring SharpStreamer Platforms for edge network GPU-acceleration, to maximize mobile and fixed network video streaming density and scalability in 1U and 2U servers in the Dell booth (3L30).
About Artesyn Embedded Technologies
Artesyn Embedded Technologies is a global leader in the design and manufacture of highly reliable power conversion and embedded computing solutions for a wide range of industries including communications, computing, medical, military, aerospace and industrial. For more than 40 years, customers have trusted Artesyn to help them accelerate time-to-market and reduce risk with cost-effective advanced network computing and power conversion solutions. Artesyn has over 20,000 employees worldwide across nine engineering centers of excellence, four world-class manufacturing facilities, and global sales and support offices.
Artesyn Embedded Technologies, Artesyn and the Artesyn Embedded Technologies logo are trademarks and service marks of Artesyn Embedded Technologies, Inc. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2015 Artesyn Embedded Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved.