Field Applications Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP, Global Technical Support
LOCATION: San Jose, California
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Experienced power electronic engineer possessing strong technical and interpersonal skills toÂ support the adoption of Artesyn power solutions to the targeted customers in the Bay AreaÂ
- Be part of a cross functional team including Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Operations toÂ support the customer and act as a technical liaison between customers and internal teams
- Should be equally comfortable working with all levels of a customer, from bench level debugging,Â rework/reprogram PSUs to presenting solution to customerâ€™s technical team
- Responsible for working at customerâ€™s qualification lab to support all phases of systemÂ qualification of Artesyn standard and custom products
- Must have knowledge of digital communication bus such as i2C bus and firmwareÂ reloading/rebooting experience
- As a trusted customer advocate, he/she must have the confidence and persuasive skills to earnÂ the respect of engineering leaders both internally and with the customer
- Proven fixer â€“ able to drive issues to resolution with a sense of urgency
- Tireless, Driven, Relentless
- Part of the North America and Global Technical Support team. Collaborate and assist other FAEsÂ and Technical Support Engineers in North America and Globally on common customer programsÂ and issues.
- Willingness to travel locally (Bay Area) and minimum 1 domestic trip (US and Canada) per quarterÂ and 1 international trip per yearÂ
- 3+ yearsâ€™ design/application experience in power supply and/or other power electronic products.
- Working experience with digital communication bus such as i2C bus and PMBus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with an electronic engineering background.
If you are interested in a career with Artesyn please submit your resume toÂ HR-NorthAmerica@artesyn.com.
Artesyn Embedded Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. It will not discriminate against anyÂ applicant or employee on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteranÂ status. It is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Date: August 14, 2018